The Different Types Of Home Entry Doors
Thinking about installing a new entry door for your home? Finding the right door won’t be a simple process, as there are different types to choose from. Here are some options with their set of pros and cons:
- PROS: These wood doors look elegant and expensive. They offer reliable security for your home, you can repair scratches easily, and you can make quick alterations to change the look.
- CONS: These look expensive because they actually are. They also need a moderate amount of maintenance, and you have to worry about moisture that can damage the wood over time. There’s also the possibility of heat loss.
Request A Service
- PROS: Fiberglass doors can look like wood doors, but you won’t have to pay as much. These are also resistant to dents and scratches. Finally, they’re a lot more energy-efficient than real wood doors.
- CONS: Some of the cheaper fiberglass doors may have shorter lifespans as they’re more likely to crack. These will need a lot of maintenance. You can minimize the problem by getting more expensive fiberglass doors, but then you reduce the cost savings.
- PROS: If you’re worried about security, this is your best choice. These steel doors also last for a very long time, they’re fire proof, and they’re also energy-efficient.
- CONS: They may not look as good as wood or even fiberglass doors, however. They can dent easily, the paint can chip, and the scratches can lead to rust.
Deciding whether you need a wood, fiberglass, or steel door is the first step to finding the right door for your home.
Call us today for a free consultation and estimate to professionally install your home’s doors.