House Siding Repair
In case you haven’t realized it yet, the siding of your home is actually the most crucial feature in your home’s exterior. And it’s not just because it’s the focus of your home’s curb appeal either. It’s because the siding protects your home structure and interior.
So if your siding is damaged, you have to fix it right away. Siding damage isn’t just unpleasant to look at, but the damage can lead to moisture issues in your home that can eventually reduce the value of your house.
Here are some signs that it’s time for you to call a siding professional to repair, clean or replace your siding:
REQUEST A TRUSTED SERVICE/ESTIMATE
- The siding boards or panels are damaged. If the problem is discovered early, then perhaps a simple board or panel repair may suffice. But a full siding replacement may be necessary if the damage is widespread or if termites have caused the problem.
- The weather has caused cracking, peeling, and fading. These symptoms are due to harsh sunlight and to frost and thaw cycles. While new paint may work, if your painted siding can’t hold on to pain anymore then new paint won’t cut it. You may need a new siding instead.
- You’ve got water or moisture damage in the siding. These can be fungus growth, mold, or rotting. Swelling and warping may also occur. If you have steel siding, you may have rust issues.
- Your interior walls have moisture damage or mold growth. This may be due to siding problems, even if the siding looks good from the outside.
- The energy bills have increased. This may be due to holes in the siding, along with weakened insulation.